I have always been eager to fly a drone through FPV goggles, but was always too afraid to break anything during the first flights. A simulator was the perfect way to practice before getting serious, but unfortunately few free solutions can be found online, so I decided to make my own.
KestrelFPV is a quadcopter simulator made with Unity3D. It is meant as a tool to learn how to fly a drone in Acro/Rate mode in First-Person-View.
- Realistic simulation of motors, propellers and aerodynamics.
- Tuneable flight controller, including several modes such as Stabilized and Manual angles and height control.
- Multiplayer FPV racing game mode.
- Several 3D scenes available: Viking Village, Forest, Stadium.
- Several type of cameras: FPV, Follow, and Eye-level.
- Drone 3D model of the Parrot Bebop Drone.
v2.0 - 02/11/15
- Multiplayer mode
- Race mode
- New scene: Stadium
- All Bebop colors available
v1.3 - 11/07/15
- New setting to invert joystick axes for RC controllers (thanks Matej for the idea)
- New FPV camera FOV setting
- Flight controller: better height loop and mix of motor commands
v1.2 - 10/06/15
- New stabilized mode for the Flight Controller
- Intuitive tuning of controllers in terms of response time
- More accurate modelisation of the Parrot Bebop drone physics
v1.1 - 30/05/15
- New scene: Forest
- Tuning options for the angles controller
- FPV Camera tilt setting
v1.0 - 15/05/15
- Flight Controller in manual mode
- Bebop drone 3D model and physics
- Viking village 3D scene